He was educated in both British and Greek Universities:
- B.Eng (First Class Honours) in Civil Engineering, at the University of Portsmouth, England. (Ranking place: Top student distinction because he achieved the highest overall grade in the cohort of 120 classmates).
- Diploma in Applied Geology. Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Greece. 1980.
- Attendance of final year of the Bachelor degree (B.Sc. Eng.) in the Civil Engineering Faculty at the University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, England, 1982. (MSc Preparatory Course).
- Master M.Sc. Eng., in Geotechnical Engineering. Civil Engineering Department. University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, England. (Specialized in: Foundation Engineering, Soil Mechanics, Rock Mechanics, Laboratory testing-researching of Soils and Rocks, Engineering Geology, Underground water flow). 1983.
- Ph.D., in Geotechnical Engineering – Engineering Geology, at the National Technical University of Athens (N.T.U.A.) – Greece, 1988. Grade: Excellent Unanimously. Specialized in: Geotechnical Engineering – Rock Mechanics – Rock Testing.
- Post-Doc Research fellow invitation in Carbon Critical Geotechnics at Newcastle University, U.K., 2012.
- During academic years 1983-84, 1984-85 and 1985-86, he was sponsored by the Postgraduate Scholarship Committee of the National Technical University of Athens. He served in the Military corps of Engineers as a Computer Programmer.